khalifa university Review, Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research also known as khalifa university is our major focus for today’s University review. World Students Forum team has deem it necessary to bring every thing about their Scholarships, Admission, Courses Offered, Tuition Fee, Ranking etc. to the knowledge of the International Students Community who wish to Study Abroad.
Established in 2007, Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research, (KUSTAR), popularly known as Khalifa University is an institution of higher learning with a science-based focus.
The Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research is located in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates with a satellite campus in Sharjah.
A decree issued by the President of United Arab Emirates resulted in the founding of Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research with a view to aiding the support in knowledge-based economy that will contribute to the state’s post oil future.
However, the school had been existing as the Etisalat College of Engineering (ECE) since 1989, with the main campus built in Sharjah, during which the school was aimed at supplying the Emirates Telecommunications Corporation (Etisalat) with technology trained workers.
The Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research is at present merging with The Petroleum Institute and Masdar Institute of Science and Technology.
The Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research has circa 1300 students.
The Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research has 16 dedicated research facility centres which explores a diversified range of energy, water, healthcare and aerospace with issues of direct relevance to the strategic development and economic diversification of the United Arab Emirates.
The Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research operates with two hundred and twenty eight (228) well equipped laboratories which covers for subjects from the Artificial Intelligence and Robotics down to clean energy, aerospace and hydrocarbons.
the campus is made as comfortable enough for students as possible.
The Sharjah campus has a state-of-the-art food services which serves lunch and supper for students in the campus housing and a cafeteria for snacks and refreshments in-between classes.
The campus also has a student hub, fitness area, library and prayer rooms.
Abu Dhabi campus: this is the main campus of Khalifa University of science, Technology and Research, which houses the administrative buildings and academic facilities.
The campus has student hub, restaurants and cafeterias, banking services, prayer rooms, nurse’s office, library, and a parking lot for faculty and administrative staff only,
Official school website: www.kustar.ac.ae
KHALIFA UNIVERSITY Rankings:
The Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research is ranked the 315th university in the world university rankings according to the Quacquarelli Symonds ranking of 2018 and this places the university among the top 31 percent of the 1011 institutions of higher learning across the universe.
The Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research was ranked the 15th in the Emerging Economies University Ranking by the Times Higher Education (THE) Emerging Economies University Ranking.
YOUNG UNIVERSITY RANKING:
The Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research is ranked the 49th in the young university rankings of 2018 according to Millennial Universities Millennial Ranking.
In Times Higher Education, (THE), the Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research was ranked the 12th overall best university in June 2018.
According to Times Higher Education (THE) Asia University ranking of 2018, the Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research was ranked the 32nd in all of Asian universities. The university is the first and only university in the United Arab Emirates to make the list of the top 40 universities in Asia.
ARAB WORLD RANKING:
In the Times Higher Education (THE) Arab World University ranking, the Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research was ranked the second university in the Arab World.
The Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research has been ranked the 1st best university in the United Arab Emirates.
Careers at the Khalifa University
The careers available at Khalifa University of Science and Technology offers an opportunity to work for a young and dynamic university, sharing talents to help build the university, and working in a diverse and culturally rich environment.
The vision of the career at Khalifa University of Science and Technology has an influence in everything ranging from academics and research works to creating a benefit package that would reflect the ways people are valued.
The process hires faculty and staff to join and transform the vision into reality. All recruitment at Khalifa University of Science and Technology is administered through the department of Human Resources, Abu Dhabi campus.
Applicants will complete a full recruitment process consequential to an official application through the career page before receiving any official offer.
Note that any communication from Khalifa University of Science and Technology will be sent from a @ku.ac.ae domain only
There are 102 careers available at the Khalifa University of Science and Technology:
- Research Associate in Electrical Engineering
- Post doctoral Fellow in Chemical Engineering
- Research Engineer in Electrical Engineering
- Research Scientist in Electrical Engineering
- Research Scientist in Physics
- Post Doctoral Fellow in Physics
- Post Doctoral Fellow in Electrical Engineering
- Research Associate in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering
- Research Assistant in Mechanical Engineering
- Director of Enrolment and Registration
- Thesis and dissertation Officer
- Research Assistant in Chemical Engineering
- Post Doctoral Fellow in Robotics/Mechanical Engineering
- Post Doctoral Fellow in Geoscience
- Infrastructure and support Director
- Diabetes Scientists
- Research Grants Specialist
- Neurological Disorders Scientists
- Full time Stem Cell Investigator
- Full time Bioinformatics Specialists
- Cancer scientists
- Full time Investigators in Microbiome/host interaction
- Faculty Positions, Life Science, College of Science and Engineering
- Professor in Quranic Studies (Open Ranks)
- Research Assistant Possitions in Neurological Disorders Research Centre
- Director of Cancer Research Centre
- Post Doctoral Research position in Neurological Disorders Research Centre
- Faculty Positions at the College of Science and Engineering, 2018
- Faculty for the College of Health and Life Sciences
- Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
- Post Doctoral research Associate, Qatar Environment and Energy Research
- Director of the Translation and training centre
- Faculty Positions in Islamic Finance and Economy
- Assistant / Associate Professor in Islamic Finance
- Open Rank Position in Translation Studies MA programme
- Open Rank Position in Women in society and Development MA programme
- Student Records Officer, Office of the Registrar
- Open Rank Position in MA in digital humanities and societies programme
- Library manager
- Scientists / senior scientists (Water team)
- Language instructors (Part time)
- Senior Interpreting Specialist
- Dental assistant
- Walk in interview (2-4 years)
- Staff nurse
- Insurance Executive
- Walk in interview (1-3 years)
- Research assistant/associate professor
- Laboratory Engineer
- Facility Inspectors – Electrical
- Procurement analyst
- Delta District manager
- Sales executive
- Procurement Agent
- Call centre Agents
- Academic Tutor – Learning Support Centre and Writing Centre
- Analyst – Durable Solutions Platform
- Administrative Positions
- Staff members
- Anaesthesia Consultant
- Anaesthesia Specialist
- Oculoplasty Consultant
- Ophthalmology Resident
- Paediatric Ophthalmology Consultant
- Retina Consultant
- Aviation Safety Officer
- Senior Manager Policies Development
- Marketing Manager or Business Development Manager
- Enrolment Advisor
- Senior Evaluator
- Marketing Executive
- Instructor of Physics
- Clinic Support Services
- Speech Therapist
- Construction Manager
- Safety Engineer – LPD
- Montessori, Curriculum Co-ordinator
- Clinical Placement Coordinator
- Associate / Full Professor of Physiology
For more information about the careers available at the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research, please kindly visit the School website:
COURSES AVAILABLE AT THE KHALIFA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY AND RESEARCH
College of engineering:
- BSc in Aerospace Engineering
- BSc in Biomedical Engineering
- BSc in Chemical Engineering
- BSc in Civil Engineering
- BSc in Computer Engineering
- BSc in Electrical Engineering
- BSc in Industrial and Systems Engineering
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- BSc in Petroleum Engineering
- Minor in Nuclear Engineering
- Minor in Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
College of Arts and Sciences
- BSc in Petroleum Geosciences
- BSc in Chemistry
- BSc in Applied Mathematics and Statistics
- MA in International and Civil Security
- MSc in Information Security
- MSc in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering
- MSc in Nuclear Engineering
- MSc in Chemical Engineering
- MSc in Petroleum Engineering
- MSc in Sustainable Critical Infrastructure
- MSc in Water and Environmental Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Health, Safety and Environmental Engineering
- MSc in Engineering Systems and Management
- Materials Science and Engineering
- MSc by research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- MSc in Applied Chemistry
- MSc in Computing and Information Science
- MSc in Petroleum Geoscience
- PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering
- PhD in Aerospace Engineering
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering
- PhD in Nuclear Engineering
- PhD in Robotics Engineering
- PhD in Chemical engineering
- PhD in Civil infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
- PhD in Material Science and Engineering
- PhD in Multidisciplinary Engineering
- PhD in Petroleum Geoscience
ADMISSION TO KHALIFA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY AND RESEARCH
Admission into Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research is highly competitive, with an acceptance rate of 10% of application per academic session.
Application for admission into Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research is online. After the application, the applicants should wait to get an invitation from Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research concerning the application and an invitation for the interview.
More information about the undergraduate admissions application process can be found at:
In order to be considered for admission into the Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research, there are certain criteria to be met.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR KHALIFA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY AND RESEARCH
For undergraduate programmes:
- Age requirement: applicant must not have finished high school not longer than two years from the year of application.
- Must hold a UAE Secondary School Certificate (SSC) ion Advanced Stream
For more information and a detailed requirements for undergraduate studies, please visit
For post graduate programmes
Applications for admission into Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research will be due on the 1st of October, 2018 and all applications must be submitted online.
To apply, please follow the link: https://admissions.kustar.ac.ae/pg/Account/Login
Admission selection will be based on academic performance, qualification and previous experiences, CV, reference forms and the potential of the applicant to succeed and excel. The requirements are:
For Pre Med Admissions:
- Transcript of an undergraduate degree, preferably in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4-point scale
- IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Three support letters from professional and personal referees. At least one of these letters must be written by a member of the applicant’s university.
For more information, please visit:
For master’s degree programmes
- Completion of bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline of study with an average Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale
- English proficiency in either iBT TOEFL with a score of 91 or its equivalent, or overall academic IELTS score of 6.5 or 1550 EmSAT English score
- Minimum of 155 in the general Graduate Record Examination (GTE). Candidates for Masters of Engineering in Health, Safety and Environment Engineering and Master of Arts in International and Civil Security would not require this.
- Two letters from a referee
- Statement of purpose of 500-1000 words
- Success in the admission interview
For doctoral degree programmes
- Completion of master’s degree in a relevant discipline of study with an average Cumulative GPA of 3.25 on a 4-point scale or its equivalent.
- English proficiency in either iBT TOEFL with a score of 91 or its equivalent, or overall academic IELTS score of 6.5 or 1550 EmSAT English score.
- Minimum quantitative score of 155 in general Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Two letters of recommendations from two referees
- Statement of purpose of 500-1000 words
- Research statement of 500-1000 words
- Success in the admission interview
For more information and guidelines, please visit:
For more information on the applications procedure, please follow the link: www.ku.ac.ae/pages/graduate-admissions-procedure
For a detailed information on the required documents, please kindly follow the link: www.ku.ac.ae/pages/graduate-admissions-documents
Khalifa University of Science and Technology and Research Contact
P.O Box 127788
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Toll free: 800 33 22 11
Tel: +971 (0)2 4018000
Fax: +971 (0)2 4472447
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- KHALIFA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY AND RESEARCH TUITION FEES
The tuition fees for the Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research are as follows:
Preparatory and Undergraduate: AED 3333 per credit hour
Master’s level: AED 5000 per credit hour
Doctorate level: AED 6666 per credit hour
For more information, please visit the school website at:
Scholarship Opportunities at Khalifa University of Science Technology and Reesearch
There are a number of scholarships available for students looking for post graduate studies at the Khalifa University of Science and Technology for both home and international students.
These scholarships cover all the essential expenses for the education and may also offer opportunity to earn some extra bucks. These scholarships opportunities are:
- Buhooth scholarship: this covers monthly stipend, full tuition fees, financial support to attend international research conferences and opportunities to visit international research centres.
- KU MED scholarship: available for students in post graduate studies in medicine. The grant is worth a monthly stipend of AED27000, full tuition fees, financial support to attend educational events locally and internationally, housing in university accommodations for no cost, textbooks for study.
- Graduate research/ Teaching Assistant Scholarship (GRTA): this grant is worth full tuition fees, medical insurance for students under the Khalifa University visa, financial support to attend international research conferences.
This scholarship is worth AED8000 for master’s degree students and AED10000 for doctoral degree students.
- Waived-Fees scholarship: this is available to employed UAE nationals who wishes to undertake graduate studies on a part time basis. This scholarship is worth full tuition fees.
- Research centre scholarship: this is worth salaries starting from AED 36000, annual vacation allowance, education allowance, additional monthly incentive allowances for 3.0 GPA and above, support in career path, sponsored attendance at international conferences and exhibitions, registration on the Abu Dhabi Retirement Pensions and Benefits Fund and Ministry of Labour during the period of study.
For more information, please visit the school’s official scholarship page:
Accommodation for International Students at the Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research
There is a provision of housing for students who live in areas far away from the Khalifa University of Science Technology and Research Abu Dhabi campus.
This housing is specifically designed for international students of different background and cultural beliefs, hence, it is expected that the students learn to manage and cope will with other individuals.
The housing provision is made as comfortable as possible for the students with fully functional kitchens, with stoves, fridges, ovens, and microwaves, functional Laundromat with washing machines and dryers, student lounge,, prayer rooms, learning centres, television and wireless internet services, transportation to and fro campus, a 24-hour security service and weekend transportation services.
To find more information on housing for international students, please visit:
Hani El Sayed Hostel
Supervisor Khalifa University
- O. Box 127788
United Arab Emirates
Tel: +971 2 4018 305
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU:
- How To Apply For Latin America Masters Scholarship in Partnership With Santander | 2018/2019 Latin America Scholarship Program in UK
We Hope this information is helpful, kindly drop your comments below and don’t forget to share to your friends and subscribe to worldstudentsforum.com thanks