British Council Recruitment 2018 | Requirements for Accountants @ British Council. British Council Recruitment 2018, British Council now seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced Nigerians to fill the Job vacancies below;
Note that the recruitment guidelines, qualifications, requirements and other relevant updates will also posted here.
We are recruiting to fill in for the following job position below:
The Position is based in Nigeria.
Role Type: Advisory, Policy and Expertise
Pay Band: PB4-H
Duration: Fixed Term (Six Months)
Roles and Duties
1. This role is for a fixed term and as a maternity cover.
2. The post holder will be a member of a team of accountants responsible for the records of end to end accounting process in Nigeria including month and year end close, to ensure consistent, accurate and robust financial accounting processes in line with standard accounting practices and corporate policies.
3. This is a supporting role in the Financial Controlling function which is a key function in the new organizational structure emerging from the British Council’s Financial Transparency Project.
The post-holder will;
1. Complete all financial tasks required for the financial month end pre-closing steps and provide support as required for the financial month end closing steps.
2. Maintain financial records as required of corporate policy and internal audit measures
3. Provide support as required on accounting transactions and adjustments (accruals, deferrals and provisions), including Intercompany accounting.
4. Provide support as required with manual journals and off-system payments requests ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant policies.
5. Assist with reconciliation of all relevant accounts and ensure that this is completed to corporate standards.
6. Assist Senior Accountant with preparation of local Tax submissions and other statutory returns.
7. Complete Travel & Expenses audits as per policy addressing issues in a promptly manner.
8. Assist Senior Accountant with provision of information to internal / external auditors.
9. Assist in the implementation of audit recommendations.
10. Complete daily cash reconciliations.
11. Responsible for ensuring integrity of cash collection process.
12. Responsible for ensuring integrity of customers refund process.
13. Support the income reconciliation process by extracting relevant reports.
14. Ensure compliance with treasury policy.
15. Submit relevant documents to local bank as requested including bank mandates updates.
Also; How To Apply For BF SUMA Ghana LTD Job Vacancy For Marketing Assistant | BF SUMA Ghana LTD Job Recruitment Application Form
Regional and Functional Team Working:
1. Contribute to ensuring the policies, procedures and systems are delivered with integrity.
2. Work closely and effectively as part of the regional and global finance teams.
3. Actively support equality and diversity and work to the British Council’s EDI policy at all times.
1. Regional Financial Accounting team
2. Shared Services Centre
3. Corporate Finance
4. Country admin team
5. SBU Leads and Project Teams
6. Country Customer Services team
1. Bank relationship manager
2. Tax authorities
1. Bachelor’s Degree in any numerate course of study.
1.Fully qualified with a recognised accounting board e.g ACCA, ACA etc
Language Requirements For British Council Recruitment 2018
1.Fluency in written and spoken English – Shortlisted candidates will either show that they have met the required standard through presentation of an agreed English language certificate, or will be required to take the APTIS test and demonstrate a B1 level of English proficiency.
Assessment Stage – Shortlisting and interview
Role Specific Knowledge & Experience
1. Highly organised and deadline oriented.
2. High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU:
- How to get student loan To Pay tuition fees, Books, housing, meals and other expenses
- U.S.A JOBS: How To Find a Job In The United State as Foreigner
- Full Tuition International Scholarships at University of Toronto in Canada, 2018 | Apply Now
- Complete List Of Private Universities in Ghana and Their Tuition Fees
We Hope this information is helpful, kindly drop your comments below and don’t forget to share to your friends and subscribe to worldstudentsforum.com thanks